Wednesday, December 27, 2017

curated Benzie felt & floss color guide for Lady Dancing ornaments


All three of these Lady Dancing ornaments were made with my hand-picked Benzie color bundle #5, shown below. It's the same color bundle that was also used for Gold Ring.


You can purchase just the felt or there's an option for the felt bundle plus matching flosses:


Lady Dancing/Gold Ring Benzie Felt Colors are:
Ochre
Mustard
Bronze (this color is now discontinued and Castle will be subbed)
Copper
Swan
Peacock
Pool
Blue
Flamingo
Magenta

You always need matching flosses when you sew layers together, so having the floss bundle comes in handy and helps build your embroidery stash. There are also bundles for the other Twelve Days ornaments in that same listing.

Note: You will also need some additional contrasting flosses to do the decorative embroidery shown in the sample photos, which is listed below. 

Here are the color guides for each Lady Dancing sample:


Magenta/pink/blue Lady colors:

FELT:
Swan: Cap, single flower petal
Ochre: Shawl collar
Mustard: Overskirt flowers
Flamingo: Sleeves, underskirt
Magenta: Cap flower, upper torso, overskirt
Peacock: Lower torso, bodice, double flower petals

DECORATIVE EMBROIDERY:
DMC white
DMC 154
DMC 3845
DMC 3844
DMC 3766
DMC 783
DMC 3804


Periwinkle/mustard/navy Lady colors:

FELT:
Pool: Sleeves, overskirt, cap flower
Mustard: Underskirt
Ochre: Shawl collar
Blue: Body
Magenta: Cap, overskirt flowers, single petal
Copper: Bodice, double petals

DECORATIVE EMBROIDERY:
DMC white
DMC 3804
DMC 918
DMC 794
DMC 783
DMC 792
DMC 823


Mustard/teal/copper Lady colors:

FELT:
Mustard: Sleeves, overskirt, single petal
Peacock: Underskirt, upper torso, cap, overskirt flowers
Copper: Bodice, double petals, lower torso, cap flower
Swan: Shawl collar

DECORATIVE EMBROIDERY:
DMC white
DMC 783
DMC 918
DMC 3808
DMC 934

There are a total of six curated bundles of Benzie felt for the Twelve Days patterns, and you can purchase them all under that same Benzie listing in the drop down menu. See this post for links to all of the Twelve Days color guides.

Happy hand sewing!

12 comments:

  1. Hello! I just love the Twelve Days series. I have the first six made, and look forward to having the second set made in the future.

    Also, pretty sure you would ROCK a series of similar felt ornaments inspired by the Nutcracker, "Twas the Night Before Christmas," the Polar Express, or my personal favorite--The Biblical Nativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Aw, thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoy making the ornaments. I'm excited to move on to a new project! Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  2. I can not find the ladies dancing in your etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm so sorry! I let it temporarily sell out, but it's restocked now. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. Hi Larissa, I just want you to know how much I have enjoyed making your ornaments. I began them, in order, right after Halloween and am currently working on the Piper. They are so beautiful! I scream a little when I finish each one because I love them so much! Then I make each family member ooh and ahh over them.
    Your patterns are so well written that they are foolproof. Thank you for offering them. I also ordered the felt/floss kit from Benzie and her felt is lovely.
    Thanks again, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Maureen! What an awesome note. Thanks so much! It makes my day to know others really enjoy the patterns and love what they make! Yes, I'm so glad to have the readymade color palettes from Benzie too!

      Delete
  4. This ornament is just beautiful. Wonderful design work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Larissa. I have completed 3x of your 12 Days of Christmas up to 9, I have so enjoyed making them and will buy , 10, 11, 12, when you put out that set.
    I will make your owl cushions for my twin grandcjhildren in the interem.
    Thanks again for your magnificent designs.


    Elinor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elinor! I'm so happy to hear that! Made my day! :-) I Hope you enjoy the Early Bird Night Owls.

      Delete
  6. Larissa, I found your ornaments over Christmas, ordered all of the goods, and cannot stop making these. The patterns are beautiful and thorough, and I'm learning so much as I go. I'm working my way toward several sets of these and then Scrooge! (It would be so lovely to see a Nativity set some day). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice comment! Thanks so much! You can check my FAQ re: Nativity. I'm so happy you are enjoying the projects! <3

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!